Sunday, 28 July 2013

GOLDEN









I love wearing golden tones as I feel it really makes my brown eyes 'pop'.  I always get complimented on this look and I really like it as well.  To achieve this I mainly used the Jemma Kidd Artist Kit Pro Palette 02, as my concealer I used the apricot colour corrector to cover my dark under eye circles.  I also used my 17 BB Cream in light to cooverr discolouration on my cheeks and nose (they are always redder than the rest of my face!?).  I like using this combination in the summer as the are both very light products that provide the coverage I need, and it never feels like I'm wearing face make up at all.

From the palette, I used the eye prep & primer over my eyelids, to ensure the eye shadows would stay in place.  To provide a coloured base, I swiped the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in Gold (on the inner half of my eyelids) and Bronze (on the outer half of my eyelids), and just blended these out with my fingers.  For eye shadow  I started with the Eye Essentials Shimmer Shadow in Brulee all over the lids, and the Tailored Colour I-Ris Enhancer in Bronze in the crease ( both from the Jemma Kidd palette.)  Also, from the palette, I used the Exclusive Shadow in Cream on the inner corners of the eyes, to give the eyes a brighter look.

I used MAC Woodwinked to make the look subtly smoky and blended it out and placed MAC Blanc Type on the brow bone.  I used the Gold Jumbo Pencil to line my lower lash line, and a black kohl eye liner from 17 to line my upper lash line.  I then curled my lashes and applied two coats of the Benefit They're Real Mascara, to add length and volume.  For this look I didn't fill in my brows as I wanted the main focus on the glowy skin and golden eyes.  

The palette has a Dewy Glow Radiance Crème in Rose Gold which I applied with my fingers to my cheek bones.  I also sweeped Bourjois blusher in Sienne over the apples of my cheeks.  To contour I used my all-time favourite contour/bronzer; Sleek's Face Contour Kit in light and also carried some up to my temples, to make my skin look more naturally tanned as it has no shimmer or glitter in the product.

For the lips, I kept it a natural pink, with Rimmel's Vinyl Gloss in Steal my Kisses, which I amazingly picked up from Poundland!  I love this gloss as its not sticky, and smells of sweets as well!  


instagram : bronwyn_muir  //  twitter : @BronwynMuir  //  vine : Bronwyn Muir  //  tumblr :  http://v0gue-diam0nds.tumblr.com/