Thursday, 25 July 2013

my summer essentials












 Every season everyone has their 'go-to' products that are essential to them all the time, and these beauties are my summer staple items...

BB Cream:  In the summer I don't like to wear a lot on my face - make up wise, so whenever I'm going out or meeting friends, family etc.  I like to use a bb cream as they are less coverage than a foundation but cover any discolouration on my face.  The 17 bb cream is the only one I have tried and it has quite a high coverage for what I would expect from a bb cream.  Even though it is in the shade light, it is more on the pinkish scale of skin colours, so if you are more yellow toned I would opt for another bb cream, any recommendations?  However, I do like the concept of BB creams and would love to try other brands.  Also, I am interested in CC creams and would really like to try the L'oreal ones. Are they any good?

Lipstick:  This Bourjois lipstick is my favourite at the moment, it's in shade number 17, which is rose mill√©sime in the new Rouge Edition collection.  This lipstick is smooth and buttery, very similar to the Revlon Lip Butters but the colour pay-off is very good and vibrant.  I wore this the first time to my prom, a couple of weeks ago and it really impressed me as it lasted for about 3 hours (after eating and drinking) and then I only had to apply it once again.  Next time I go shopping, I will definitely be picking up some more colours as I really like this one!

Nail Polish:  My favourite colours for my nails this summer are pastels and coral colours.  The OPI polish is in Mediterranean Moonlight, which is a subtle peachy coral with gold reflex shimmer.  It looks really pretty on the nails as well as toe nails and if added gold glitter as an accent it looks gorgeous as well.  As its really hard to find OPI in the UK, I picked this up in Tk Maxx as a set of three.  If you are in search for OPI polishes, they regularly sell them in pack and often in collections as mini's.  My favourite pastels are Rimmel's 703 Pear Drop and 702 Marshmallow Heaven.  The colours have no shimmer or glitter in them, just very shiny and glossy!

Body Butter:  Body Shop's mango body butter is my all time favourite body moisturiser.  I am very picky when it comes to moisturisers (face or body) as they can't be sticky, take long to absorb into skin or leave any oily residue on the skin.  Firstly, Body Shop's moisturisers claim to last up to 24 hours and I totally agree, also it doesn't take any time at all to absorb into your skin and leaves no residue on the skin.  Also not to forget the smell!  This particular one is made from mango oil from India and seriously, it smells divine, just like mango's!

Body Scrub:  Flake Away from Soap and Glory is highly raved about and believe me it lives up to it.  Again the smell is refreshing and sweet, and the scrub itself is made from shea butter and almond oils which moisturise the skin and sugar, sea salt, peach and grape seeds to exfoliate the skin.  After the scrub is massaged into the damp skin, the grains begin to dissolve, leaving silky oils on the skin.  These oils don't make your skin oily just smooth!

Argan Oil:  I picked this up in Primark a few weeks ago for a couple of pounds and thought I would give it ago.  I've heard many good reviews about argan and Moroccan oil but always seen them to be quiet expensive.  Even though its a small bottle; only 18 ml, I thought it would be easy to take to the beach, or pool.  It can be applied to wet or dry hair at the tips to condition them quickly.  I like this product so a full-sized bottle is now on my wishlist.

Body Mist:  Another product from Soap and Glory which I am loving is the Mist You Madly body fragrance.  Its a floral scent which is one of my favourites and it is very light and girly.  You can pick up Soap and Glory products in Boots, and occasionally they have great deals as well (especially around Christmas!)

Moisturiser:  I was given this moisturiser for birthday, from my auntie who recommended it to me.  Its by the company called FC5, and its an oil-absorbing day lotion with SPF 20.  This saves me an extra step in summer as I don't have to apply sun cream in the morning as it is a 2 in 1 product.  It contains fresh kiwi cell extracts which hydrates and moisturises the skin, which it does!  Its a light moisturiser which absorbs into the skin quickly and leaves no oily residue, which you would expect from a product that contains sunscreen-like products.

What are your top summer essentials? What do you recommend?

instagram : bronwyn_muir  //  twitter : @BronwynMuir  //  vine : Bronwyn Muir  //  tumblr :  http://v0gue-diam0nds.tumblr.com/