Wednesday, 24 July 2013

the little black dress





 textured skater dress: uo
gold spike belt: primark
bracelet: primark
floral sandals: primark 
wedges: matalan

 After buying this classic black dress last week in the summer sales, it was intended for school, therefore, I put it away for summer but eventually I gave in to my own will.  When I bought the dress I managed to convince myself that it would be very versatile and classic, which would work well when paired with other clothing items.

In the above photos, I wore it with floral sandals but you could pair it with a cropped denim jacket, like this one from forever 21 and some white converse.  This is a quick and easy look which I think is very smart but casual which would be ideal for a day shopping, going to meet friends or just visiting relatives.  For a dressier look I threw on some pink platform wedges which I got 2 years ago in the Matalan sales, for only £3!!! What a bargain, plus there is/was no fault, manufacture problem or dirt on them! *BONUS*  I also tied this gold spiked belt around the high waistline of the dress to give it a edgier vibe, or placed it around my neck to make it look like a long-style necklace.

As this dress is made from a polyester-spandex fibres, the dress is very light weight and stretchy.  Therefore it is very comfortable to wear and sit down in, and is thick enough to not be sheer/ see-through.  The embossed pattern gives a subtle twist on the classic 'little black dress', as the tribal-esque textured design makes it more unique.

This dress is definitely a staple item for every girl to have in their wardrobe and I do encourage everyone to search the sales, and eventually you will find the little gem you will lust over.  For me, this dress can be paired with virtually every accessory including my new puppy, Poppy!



instagram : bronwyn_muir  //  twitter : @BronwynMuir  //  vine : Bronwyn Muir  //  tumblr :  http://v0gue-diam0nds.tumblr.com/