Sunday, 23 April 2017

LIVE PROJECT : COS #14

FRIDAY 21st MAY:

Presentation Day.  After practicing for a few days now, with everything and everyone ready to go, we all felt fully prepared for the presentation to the COS team.  We decided to pop into uni on the day before as well (as a group) to finalise what was being said to ensure everyone was comfortable and confident, because as tea leader I was eager for everyone to feel confident and knowledgable if any questions were asked or feedback given by the COS team.  After the difficult start to the morning with technical issues on the receiving end, we had a delayed start with the presentations, and in the end we had to film ourselves and thus send these videos to COS instead.  Not being affected by the pressure and nerves, we all clearly spoke - for about 10 minutes - about our group and our collection. Once we finished our tutors gave us positive feedback about how professional we spoke and discussed our collection, along with the precise and professional-looking images and content which supported our speech.  This was really nice to hear from or tutors, as I feel it definitely motivated me, and made me feel like we were on track with our work and our hard work so far had been noticed and appreciated.  Although we didn't receive immediate feedback regarding our collection, due to the technical issues, we carried on with our group work - mainly toile developments- straight away.

...

When we returned to the Lectra Suite, I digitised in my new trouser pattern pieces that I completed on the Tuesday session (see last blog post.) By using the digitising software and board, it allowed me to quickly and precisely replicate my pattern pieces, that were in calico, to create a pattern that I could edit and manipulate from it.  Once digitised, I also re-measured the waistband we made on the toile and made a pattern piece for this too.


I followed this up by putting these pattern pieces into a variant, creating a 'desk of stitches' plan and putting the pattern pieces into 3D fitting.



Using the pre-postioning tools, as well as curvature, rotation, and distancing elements, I put the trousers onto the model to see how they would generally fit (as I had to lower the crotch slightly.)  I used the elasticated tool on 3D Modaris to gather the waistband so it becomes more visually truthful, as the waistband is elasticated on the actual garment.

(the waistband will be half the size in the image, as the pattern is folded in half when stitched together.)

When I was happy with the fit, I tried and successfully achieved to put the fabric that I am using onto the trousers, so I can see what it is going to look like eventually.  I scanned in our fabric swatches that we are using in the collection and to a snapshot of the fabric I would ideally like to use for he trousers (saving this as a png file.)  Selecting the fabric and material drop-down option on 3D, I created a "new" fabric and when put on edit mode - I selected the image I took from the scanned image.  When agreed the fabric was allowed to be "dropped" into the desired pattern pieces; where I also scaled up and moved till it seemed aesthetically correct.