Tuesday, 25 April 2017

LIVE PROJECT : COS #15

MONDAY 24th APRIL:

First thing on Monday morning, I printed off my trouser pattern pieces, so that I could complete my (hopefully final) trouser toile.  After all the adjustments and panelling differences I made I was positive that this toile would fit correctly, and aesthetically look the way I envisioned.  Using a medium weight calico, I cut out all the pattern pieces and stitched these together.  I decided that I wanted two welt pockets on the back of the trousers.  I followed an existing sample pattern that I had for welt pockets and stitched accordingly.  I made the opening of the pocket 15cm wide, with a pocket bag that was approximately 15cm deep as well.  However when I tried the final toile on the model, I asked his opinion on the pockets and I was advised to make the pocket bag a little deeper, so I digitised in the pocket pattern pieces and amended to the feedback given.



On my final trousers, I will also add top stitching to the seams, binding to the inside seams, and drawstring in the waistband with eyelet holes.